Bruce A. Maxwell, Associate Professor
Department of Engineering
500 College Ave
Swarthmore, PA 19081
<my last name>@swarthmore.edu
Who am I? I am a father, husband, dork brother, pet owner (servant), Professor, Robograd, cook, marathoner, violinist, handyman, and former Viking Death Rat, among other things.
- Motto: Have Fun!
- Favorite Color: blue
- Life's Quest: the Interactive Adaptive Socially Adept Mobile Holy Grail
- Favorite Writers: JRR Tolkien, David Brin, Melanie Rawn, Frank Herbert...
- Favorite Activities: swimming, hiking, running, gardening, and playing music
- Favorite Foods: Curry, mole, fish & chips, Breyer's ice cream, cookies
- Favorite Drink: Chocolate milkshake
Workshop in Germany on typology for LOICZ II, which focuses on anthropogenic impacts on the environment, particularly in the coastal zone. Spent Thanksgiving birding in a German national park and had some nice herring for dinner.
Presented our emotional robot with a passion for shirt colors at IROS 2006 in Beijing. Except for the smog, it was a neat place to visit.
Maintaining the web site for the 2007 AAAI Robot Competition.
Vacation in Alaska (and now have been to all 50 states!). Had a great time and got to see lots of mountains and wildlife.
Presented our work on evaluating camera placement for Urban Search & Rescue robotics (SSRR 2006) in August at NIST.
Working for Tandent Vision Science, Inc. and doing some cool stuff during my sabbatical in the 2005-06 academic year. My first chance to focus on a single project in a decade.
Got the Computer Vision Education web site, www.cved.org back up and running after it was hacked last fall.